5.28.2004

The Real American Idol Winner

Fantasia didn't win the other night.

The American public won because that awful show's over for another season. I'll celebrate this momentous occasion just as I celebrate the end of football season and the passing of a festering skin rash.

I'm saying this because I was just chatting with a friend who's addicted to crap like this and this 40-year-old man actually said to me that it would be very painful for him to have to wait a whole season for both American Idol and Survivor to return. If there isn't a Betty Ford Clinic to help you overcome problems like that, there damned well should be.

I don't watch so-called reality TV shows because I'm an elitist. I don't watch them because they're unabashed crap. Reality? They've got as much to do with reality as a Bush campaign speech.

P.S. And I really hate "Everybody Loves Raymond", too. Now where's the goddamned TV remote so I can turn on a Seinfeld rerun I've seen 400 times?