5.23.2007

Leo Iacocca: President Gets Free Pass To Ignore Constitution

I dunno... I don't picture someone who headed one of the country's bigger auto manufacturers as much of a liberal lefty lotus eater. Do you? But I'm sure the rightwing does... at least now.

This headline from Buzzflash about the piece here says it all:

An outraged Lee Iacocca spells out Bush's personal shortcomings: Curiosity, Creativity, Communication skills, Character, Courage, Conviction, Charisma, Competence, Common Sense, and Crisis response skills. That's a good list, Lee, but what about the other 25 letters of the alphabet?
This discusses former auto czar Lee Iacocca's book, "Where Have All The Leaders Gone?"

My favorite quote? This:
You can't call yourself a patriot if you're not outraged.
[Note: I passed outrage six years and six months ago.]