8.08.2004

Six Lives Taken for an XBox

I'm stunned, appalled, and all that bad stuff.

From CNN:

Authorities in Deltona, Florida, have arrested and charged four people in the killings of six people who were beaten with aluminum baseball bats while in their beds, Volusia County's sheriff said today. The murder was organized by a man who was angry because he believed his Xbox video game system and some clothes had been stolen, said Sheriff Ben Johnson. All four are charged with first-degree murder and armed burglary.


There's another gene I'm missing: the urge to kill. I've had a lot of problems (including a mugging and worse), yet I've never wanted to kill anyone, at anytime, in any fit of rage. I don't think I could kill if my life depended on it, although perhaps I might if it was someone I loved being threatened.

So killing over a damned game console completely eludes me. Six people. Aluminum bats.